Monday, October 22, 2018

Fish In A Week

This week's project was an interesting one, I've never sculpted something entirely in Zbrush and brought it back for retopologizing in Maya, but I'm excited to get started, I'll be checking in with progress as the process continues
First step is to set up a spotlight projection to get your basic shapes down, use this at the start of your sculpt to get the basic shapes down and come back to reference the locations of major landmarks.


High Poly Zbrush Sculpt, had to take a second crack at the sculpt after I had a lot of difficulty with the fish arm pit.  Note to self, never ever do something like this again, always Tpose, even with fish.


Low Poly Maya retopologized model.  Oh my god this was a nightmare, I tried a round of Zremesher to try to simplify it a bit but to no avail, it did not work and I had to stitch together that armpit 4 times.

Substance Painter is our third step for Ambient Occlusion, texturing, and baking








No comments:

Post a Comment