Sunday, August 4, 2019

Week 4 - First Pass Materials

Ada 1 Concept
I'm definitely not satisfied with this one yet, I'm going to be taking some time over the course of the Venture track semester to fix this up and really get those materials and little details in the gap between the head plates (with the red light) to be articulate and interesting but for now it's a bit too vague to develop on my own with the time I have left.  I wanted to give myself a lot of time on the sculpt because if the sculpt is bad then it's all basically for naught and you'll have to do everything over. 
The materials are pretty basic for now but I'm hoping to take a deeper dive into substance designer over the break and I'll get the experience I'm hoping for in that to really get this project to where I want it to be. 
The high poly itself is actually pretty good, the only thing I'd want to develop more is the mantle piece and the attached cape and shoulder metal bits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment