Monday, September 24, 2018

3D Sekhem Cannon Model

This week's assignment was to create the proxy for a cannon we will be taking the next couple weeks to model and modify in Zbrush and Substance Painter.  I went for something pretty ambitious this time and decided to recreate a pretty elaborate dragon cannon.  
The lighted wireframe render in Maya is shown above.  The process was a bit complicated, where I created some proxies for the assets in Maya, then brought them over to Zbrush.  After that I decimated them 3 times and brought them back into Maya for the snapshot, and finally exported them to Unreal.  

Here is the reference image I'm working from, I hope to have the model sculpted by next week, using alpha brushes in Zbrush to fill out the scales of the dragon.














No comments:

Post a Comment