Monday, November 26, 2018

Week 2 Environment - Bonsai Tree

Pivoting away from my original plan that was going to take way WAY more time than I had with my new responsibilities as a capstone lead, I've decided to scale down my project considerably.  How considerably you may ask well... how does under a foot tall sound?

 Yup, pivoting away from my cavern filling tree of roots and pools, I'm scaling down to a bonsai tree.  I'll still be incorporating the proxy rocks I developed last week, but for now I've focused on the tree pretty much exclusively. 


Nailing the texture of the bark has been difficult because I've been pretty focused on the twist of the "strands" in the bark.  If I can find or make a good brush that I can pull along the flow of the twists in the bark I can get this thing looking pretty great, I just need to figure out how I can get that done without it looking samey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment